Why Counterfeit Footwear is Dangerous
However, behind their enticing facade lies a dangerous truth: counterfeit footwear poses a grave threat to your well-being
Why counterfeit cosmetics are problematic:
Counterfeit footwear has become a global epidemic, infecting markets around the world.
- According to recent studies, counterfeit products are valued at $3 trillion, with footwear being one of the most counterfeited items.
- The global counterfeit market for footwear was sized under $300 billion in 2020.
- In a study conducted among consumers, around 55% were unable to identify fake footwear from the original.
This rampant production and distribution of fake shoes not only harms legitimate manufacturers but also endangers the lives of consumers.
The Hidden Consequences
- Poor craftsmanship and the use of substandard materials render these shoes unstable and unreliable.
- Counterfeit shoes lack the quality control measures employed by legitimate manufacturers, making them prone to defects that can cause severe injuries, such as slips, falls, and even chronic foot ailments.
- Counterfeit footwear fuels a parallel economy of crime, funding illicit activities such as human trafficking, child labour, and organized crime syndicates. B
- By unknowingly supporting these criminal enterprises, consumers inadvertently contribute to the erosion of ethical standards and human rights violations.
How to Spot Counterfeit Footwear
- Examine the branding, logos, and packaging details carefully. Misspelt brand names, inconsistent logo placement, or poor-quality printing are red flags.
- Counterfeit footwear typically exhibits sloppy stitching, uneven glueing and inferior materials.
- If the price of a branded shoe seems too good to be true, it probably is.
- Some legitimate footwear brands provide online tools or mobile apps that allow you to verify the authenticity of their products.
- If purchasing footwear online, stick to reputable e-commerce platforms and authorized online retailers. Read customer reviews and check seller ratings for added assurance.
- Counterfeit shoes may lack proper cushioning, arch support, or appropriate sizing. Always try on the footwear and pay attention to comfort, fit, and overall feel when wearing them.
Stay Ahead in the Battle Against Counterfeits
Acviss has been leading the charge in the fight against counterfeiting. With years of extensive research and development, we have developed solutions that can effectively weed out counterfeits from every corner of the world.
Certify offers seamless authentication of products. By simply integrating our unique, non-clonable, tamper-free labels into your products or packages, you can provide your customers with the best protection available in the market.
Our tamper-free Certify labels are designed to be virtually impossible to replicate or counterfeit. This ensures that every product bearing our label can be easily distinguished as genuine, instilling confidence in your customers and safeguarding your brand’s reputation.
With Acviss, reporting counterfeit incidents is made effortless. Our system enables customers to report fakes instantly, providing valuable information to brands for further investigation and enforcement.
Acviss offers advanced 2D and 3D labels that seamlessly integrate into your product and packaging. These unique labels serve as a powerful tool to safeguard your products from counterfeiting attempts.
Intuitive dashboards that offer valuable insights into customer information and their interaction with your products.
Prioritising brand protection is a giant leap towards success!
You may also be interested in
Choose Acviss’s solution to secure and maintain the integrity of your brand. With our non-replicable labelling, you can combat counterfeiting, instil trust in your customers and contribute to a thriving agricultural industry.